UPSC has released the application form of IAS on the official website at upsc.gov.in. The candidates have to fill the application form in two stages i.e part 1 and part 2. Below you can find out the steps to fill the UPSC IAS 2019 application form:
UPSC IAS / Civil Services 2019 Overview
Name of the exam – Indian Administrative Service / Civil Services
Level of examination – National Level
Name of conducting body – Union Public Service Commission
Selection Process – Prelims, Main, Personality Test
Mode of the exam – Pen/paper
Official website – upsc.gov.in
Before going to fill application please check IAS Exam Eligibility
Note: Before filling the application from the candidate are required to get his/her picture and signatures scanned. The candidates must keep in mind that the scanned document file must not exceed 40 KB and must not be less than 3 KB in size and 1 KB for signatures.
How To Apply: Steps to fill the UPSC IAS Application Form 2019
- Candidate need to visit official website of the Union Public Service Commission.
- Then click on the Application form link to access it.
- The Application form will be opened in the two parts, Part -1 and the Part-2. A candidate should fill both parts of the Application form in a sequence.
- A candidate should fill the first part of the Application form and only then proceed to the next part of the Application to fill it.
- The Part-1 of the Application form is for the registration of the candidate. A candidate in this Part of the Application should fill their basic details, like Name, Address, Mobile number, and the valid Email id.
- Upon registration, a candidate is given a Registration id and Password.
- A candidate should note down their Registration id and Password and keep it until the completion of the exam process.
- By entering the Registration id, a candidate can access the Part -2 of the Application form, which is the main Application form. It will be used by the commission during the selection process of the candidate.
- Applicant should fill all the specified columns with an utmost care.
- A candidate should upload the scanned copy of their photo and signature.
- The Application fee should be paid along with the Application form.
- Finally, after the successful submission of the Application form, a candidate should take its print copy for any reference in future.
- A General candidate should pay Rs 100/-
- The Reserved category(OBC/SC/ST/PH) and Female candidates are exempted from paying any Application fee to the commission.
Mode of Payment
- It can be paid in both Online as well as Offline.
- A candidate can pay the Application Fee online through the Net Banking, Credit Card and Debit Card.
- A candidate can also pay the Application fee Offline in Cash made at any SBI Bank branch.
IAS 2019 Dates
|Notification Released & Online Application Start Date||19.02.2019|
|Last Date to Apply Online Application||18.03.2019 till 6:00 pm|
Check here IAS exam date, notification PDF, syllabus, question paper, application form, exam pattern, selection process, study material and preparation tips for Prelims exam preparation.
Few Important Links for UPSC IAS Exam 2019-2020