Indian Administrative Service often abbreviated as IAS, is conducted by UPSC. UPSC Civil Services Exam is conducted in two stages – Preliminary (objective-type paper) and Mains (descriptive paper and interview). UPSC Civil Services Preliminary paper is conducted to select candidates for Mains exam. UPSC Civil Services Mains exam is conducted for recruitment of candidates for different services and posts. You can find all information about UPSC 2019 below.
UPSC IAS / Civil Services 2019 Overview
Name of the exam – Indian Administrative Service / Civil Services
Level of examination – National Level
Name of conducting body – Union Public Service Commission
Selection Process – Prelims, Main, Personality Test
Mode of the exam – Pen/paper
Official website – upsc.gov.in
IAS Exam Eligibility Details
- For the IAS, a candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For the IRS and other services, a candidate must be one of the following:
- A citizen of India
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
Here you can get details like Qualification for IAS from below. All candidates must have as a minimum one of the following educational qualifications:
- A degree from a Central, State or Deemed university
- A degree received through correspondence or distance education
- A degree from an open university
- A qualification recognized by the Government of India as being equivalent to one of the above
Note: The candidates who are currently in their final year of degree education can also appear for the examination. But they have to show the proof of passing the degree at the time of applying for the UPSC IAS 2019 main examination.
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on August 1 of the year of examination. For OBC the upper age limit is 35, and for SC and ST the limit is 37 years.
Numbers of attempts for IAS Exam
- General category candidates: 4
- OBC category candidates = 7
- SC/ST Candidates = unlimited
Key Highlights for IAS 2019
- IAS 2019 exam is scheduled to be conducted on Sunday, 2nd Jun 2019.
- UPSC has released IAS exam 2019 notification for total 896 vacancies of IAS, IFS, IPS & other posts.
- The online application for IAS 2019 exam will be closed on 18th March 2019.
- The exam is conducted across the various centers in the country.
- UPSC is a central committee which holds this exam to recruit the candidates for the post of IFS, IAS, IPS, and other groups A and B posts.
- The Civil Services Exam (IAS) consists of 3 phases which are:
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
Check here IAS exam date, notification PDF, syllabus, question paper, application form, exam pattern, selection process, study material and preparation tips for Prelims exam preparation.
Few Important Links for UPSC IAS Exam 2019-2020