Hey guys… welcome to our website. Do you qualified in UPSC mains exam? Preparing to face personal interview round? If your answers to these questions are yes, then you are on the right page. Here in this post, we are providing IPS interview preparation tips for the candidates to face personal interview round.
The candidate to become an IPS officer should clear UPSC exam. This UPSC exam is a 3 stage exam. In these 3 stages, 2 exams are pen and paper based. The final round is personal interview. This round was conducted by a panel of members. To score well in personal interview round, the candidate should have a strong knowledge, smartness, alertness and many other qualities.
Qualities Expected From a Candidate in IPS Interview
- Fresh and Unique Ideas
- Constructive Thoughts
- Presence of Mind
Members Conducting IPS Interview
- Usually the IPS personal interview was conducted by a group of panel members. The members of the panel are not same. There may be 6 members on the panel to conduct interview. The panel members are the members of UPSC board. Out of 6 panel members, 1 member is a UPSC board chairperson and remaining members are invited to conducted interview.
- The panel members are from different fields, including subject matter experts, educationalists etc. the panel members are highly experienced and asks tough questions to the candidates.
- The newer members will also conduct interview to gain experience.
Major Areas for IPS Interview
- Family Background
- Birth place and State
- Current Affairs
- Educational Background
- Optional Subjects
- Job Experience
- Extracurricular activities
- Your Mains Application Form
IPS Interview Preparation Tips
To attend IPS personal interview, the candidates are advised to follow some tips. Here we are listing IPS interview preparation tips. It is advised for the candidate to follow these preparation tips to clear IPS personal interview round.
This is one of the best IPS interview preparation tip. The candidate should be dressed in a decent manner. Please prefer light color dresses. The male candidates should wear formal trousers and formal shirts. The female candidates can attire in saree or salwar suit. Please avoid fancy dresses. The candidate should not wear bright colors. Please follow this dress attire tips.
Keep Your Mind Relaxed
It is advised for the candidates to keep your mind relaxed. The candidate should not feel tension. By feeling tensed one can forget their subject and fell nervousness in the personal interview. So, it is advises for the candidate to stay cool and keep mind calm. By being like this one can face interview in cool and pleasant manner.
Stick On One Answer
The candidate should be confident while attending personal interview. The questions will be so tricky and in a confused manner, so be careful while answering the questions. As the questions are tricky think wise before answering the question. The panel members will make you confused so stick on your own answer, don’t change your answer once you have answered the question.
Remember Your Mains Form
During the personal interview round the panel members also ask questions by taking reference of your mains application form. So when you apply for mains exam, it is suggested for the candidate to take hard copies of mains application form. Look the mains application form as many times as possible before you are going to attend the personal interview round.
As this personal interview was conducted by a panel members, it is suggested for the candidate to be honest. While you are going to attend personal interview round make your mind to be honest. Don’t tell lies in the interview. If you know the correct answer to the question then only tell the answers, otherwise stay calm and tell them honestly don’t know. Please don’t tell lies and lose your character.
Some Common IPS Interview Questions
In this section we are listing some common interview questions will be asked by panel members during the personal interview
- What looks like half an apple?
- In which state is the Bay of Bengal?
- James Bond without a parachute after jumping from aeroplane, is alive, how?
- Why do you want to join the civil service?
- Tell me about yourself?
- How do you take an elephant with one hand?
- If 2 is a company and 3 is the crowd, then what will be 4 and 5?
- Can you name Wednesday, Friday and Sunday three consecutive days without taking their name?
- How can a man live up to 8 days without sleep?
This is all about UPSC IPS interview preparation tips. If you have any queries regarding this post, please do comment below. Stay connects with our site for regular updates. Follow our site team @ www.rrbvacancies.com
Few Important Links for UPSC IPS Exam 2019-2020