About IRTS Exam: The Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS) is one of the Group ‘A’ services one can be recruited into on clearing the civil services exam conducted by the UPSC every year. This service primarily manages the transportation department of the Indian railways. This is the service responsible for revenue generation in the railways. To recruit department for Indian Railway, there is an entrance exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
- IRTS Details
- Indian Railway Traffic Service Salary
- Eligibility Criteria of IRTS Exam
- Educational Qualification:
- Age Limit:
- Age Relaxation:
- Number of attempts
- IRTS Application & Registration Form 2019
- IRTS Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- 1. Preliminary Examination (400 Marks)
- 2. Main Examination (2025 Marks)
- 3. Interview
- Important Dates for IRTS Exam 2019
The Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS) is civil service or a competitive exam in India conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) India. The exam is held for the recruitment of Department of Indian Railways.
Indian Railway Traffic Service Salary
|Grade||Designation in Field (Commercial)||Designation in Field (Operations)||Designation in Railways||Pay Scale|
|Junior Time Scale||Assistant Commercial Manager||Assistant Operations Manager||——||Rs.15,600-39100|
Grade Pay Rs.5400
|Senior Time Scale||Divisional Commercial Manager||Divisional Operations Manager||——||Rs.15,600-39,100|
Grade Pay Rs.6600
|Junior Administrative Grade||Senior Divisional Commercial Manager||Senior Divisional Operations Manager||——||Rs.15,600-39,100|
Grade Pay Rs.7600
|Selection Grade||Senior Divisional Commercial Manager/ Deputy Chief Commercial Manager||Senior Divisional Operations Manager/ Deputy Chief|
Grade Pay Rs.8700
|Senior Administrative Grade||Chief Commercial Manager/ Chief Claims Officer||Chief|
Operations Manager/ Chief Freight
Transportation Manager/ Chief Passenger Transportation Manager/ Chief Traffic
Grade Pay Rs.10,000
|Higher Administrative Grade||Chief Commercial Manager||Chief|
|Additional Member/ Additional Advisor|
|Higher Administrative Grade +||——||——||Member (Traffic)||80000|
Eligibility Criteria of IRTS Exam
- Participate should be a citizen of India
- Participants should belong to Indian Origin or have been migrated from Pakistan, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Vietnam, Kenya, Malawi, Myanmar, Zaire, or Sri Lanka with an intention of thoroughly living in India
- Participants should be a citizen of Bhutan or Nepal
- Participants have to be a Tibetan Refugee who got here in India before January 1, 1962, as well as settled thoroughly in India
- Participants with technical and professional qualifications recognized by the Government or its equivalent can also apply
- The participants should hold a Bachelor’s Degree from any of the recognized Universities.
- Participants who’ve regarded or to appear for the qualifying exam and are waiting for outcomes are also eligible to appear for the Preliminary Exam. For these applicants, it is recommended to have a proof showing that he/she has appeared for the said exam.
- Participants who’ve qualified the final year of MBBS or any other Medical Examination but are but still pending with their internship program can also appear for the Main Examination. However, they ought to submit the certificate or application written by the concerned university revealing that you have passed out the final year examination.
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Maximum Age: 32 years
- For participants domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir (from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st December, 1989): 5 years
- For Defense Services personnel: 3 years
- For OBC (Other Backward Classes) candidates: 3 years
- For ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered an initial period of assignment of 5 years of Military Service as on 1st August, 2015: 5 years
- For the deaf, blind, and Orthopaedically handicapped participants: 10 years
- For SC/ST participants: 5 years
- For participants belong to the State of Jammu & Kashmir: 5 years
Number of attempts
- For Physically handicapped participants: 9 attempts
- For SC/ST (Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe) participants: Unlimited
- For General category participants: 6 attempts
- For OBC (Other Backward Classes) participants: 9 attempts
IRTS Application & Registration Form 2019
To get registered for the Indian Railway Traffic Service or IRTS exam, the participants are requested to fill up the application form through online only. No other mode is acceptable. The participants are requested to take the help of www.upsconline.nic.in to download the application form. Participants are recommend to apply or submit a single application only.
IRTS Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The IRTS Civil Services Exam 2019 will conduct in three stages namely, Prelims, Mains, and Interview.
1. Preliminary Examination (400 Marks)
The preliminary examination is also called as Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT). It has two papers of 200 marks each. Both papers will be of two hours as well as set in both English and Hindi.
2. Main Examination (2025 Marks)
Only candidates who will qualify for Prelims will be eligible to attempt for the Main exam. The Mains syllabus of IRTS 2019 is basically designed to analyse the participant’s academic expertise in his/her particular subject.
This exam will have 9 papers and its syllabus is designed as per the subjects specified. also, the Main exam will be written test like the Preliminary exam.
Once cleared the above steps, the succeeding will be an interview.
Important Dates for IRTS Exam 2019
|Date of Notification for IRTS Civil Services||Update Soon|
|Online Registration Start Date||Update Soon|
|End date of online submission||Update Soon|
|Admit Card (Preliminary Examination)||Three Weeks Before The Examination Starts|
|Civil services Preliminary examination date||Update Soon|
|IRTS Civil services main examination date||Update Soon|