Hey Guys…!!! Want to settle career in railways? Looking for notifications of railway jobs? If your answers to these questions are yes, then this post suits you. Here in this write up we are providing complete info on RRB goods guard job profile details.
Indian Railways is one of the largest recruitment areas. There are various job roles in Indian Railways. The recruitment process of Indian Railways is done by Railway Recruitment Board. RRB is the main board to conduct exams and recruit candidates to the Indian Railways. RRB has all the rights regarding exam, selection, training and placement of the candidate.
Every year lakhs of students are completing their studies and they are searching for jobs. Some students work in private sectors and some strive to get government job. Many are aiming to get job in railways because of many advantages. Getting job in railways is a difficult task. The candidate should work hard and should have passion to get a job in railways.
RRB Goods Guard Job Profile Details
Here we are providing info on RRB goods guard job profile details. Take a look and apply if you are eligible.
Goods Guard Job Description
Goods guard is one of the job roles in Indian Railways. It is said that it is one of the toughest job roles in railways. There are many duties for goods guard. This role is perfect for those who likes travelling. This job is not at particular location. The goods guard can be seen in every train either in the brake van or the compartment attached to the end of the train.
Duties of Goods Guard
- The goods guard should get the vehicle guidance from station master/yard master
- Should check whether the doors of all wagons are closed or not.
- Should check whether the train in in good condition or not.
- Goods guard should check the brake continuity with loco pilot
- Should sign brake power certificate after ensuring sufficient brake power.
- Constantly check the formation on the run for any abnormalities.
- Should prepare train reports like combined train reports, late arrival reports etc.
Goods Guard Eligibility Criteria
The candidate should complete a degree from any recognized college or university.
The candidates are recruited as SSE Electrical after qualifying in 2 stage examination:
- Written Examination (2 stages)
- Document Verification
Goods Guard Salary
- Pay Scale – Rs.5200/- to Rs.20,200/-
- Grade Pay – Rs.2800/-
- Initial Pay – Rs.8560/-
- Total Pay = Pay Scale + Grade pay – Rs.11,360/-
The candidates are provided other allowances along with salary. The major allowances are
- DA on Total Pay Above
- Transport Allowance
- Running Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
- Deductions of 10% from salary towards new pension scheme
Career Path & Promotions
After joining as Goods Guard in RRB the candidates are given promotion based on their preferences. The promotion to the candidates is given in the following posts:
- Passenger Guard – Express Guard
- Passenger Guard – Chief Controller
- Goods guard can also write LDCE exams for Group B Gazetted post of Assistant Operations Manager (AOM)
That’s all about RRB goods guard job profile details. If you have any questions regarding this post, please comment in below comment section, we will reply as soon as possible. Follow our site for regular updates. Thank you for visiting our site team @ www.rrbvacancies.com