Hi viewers… welcome to our blog. Do you applied for UPSC exam? Going to start preparation for exam? Looking for IPS exam pattern? If you are looking for these terms, then this article helps you. Here in this post, we are providing latest update on UPSC IPS exam pattern. Follow this article to know the IPS exam pattern.
Every year UPSC board conducts exam. The UPSC conducts exam to recruit candidates for civil service posts across India. In India there are 24 civil service posts, out of them 3 all India Services posts are the best. They are IAS, IPS and IFS. IPS has a huge demand. The UPSC exam is a 3 stage examination. The candidates to get settle as civil servants should clear UPSC exam.
As many of the candidates have applied for UPSC exam, it is time for them to prepare for the exam. For any exam before starting your preparation one should know the exam pattern. By knowing exam pattern one can plan their schedule in a way such that to cover all the topics in the subjects. By knowing exam pattern you can get idea of the questions to be asked in the exam.
The UPSC exam is a 3 stage exam. They are:
- Preliminary exam
- Mains exam
- Personal Interview
UPSC IPS Preliminary Exam
- The preliminary exam is also called as civil services aptitude test.
- This exam is a pen and paper based exam.
- The preliminary exam consists of 2 papers.
- Each paper is conducted for 200 marks.
- The duration for each paper is 2 hours.
- These 2 papers consists questions in form of MCQs.
- For every correct answer 1 mark is awarded and for wrong answer 0.25 mark is deducted.
- The preliminary exam marks were not taken for final count.
- This exam is conducted to check the eligibility for mains exam.
Paper I Syllabus
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- General Science
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
Paper II Syllabus
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data
- sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
UPSC IPS Mains Exam
- This exam was conducted for the candidates who passed in preliminary exam.
- The mains exam is a pen and paper based exam.
- The mains exam consists of 9 papers.
- The mains exam paper is in the question and answer format.
- All the 9 papers are theory based.
- Out of these 9 papers, 2 papers are optional.
- In 2 papers you have to get qualifying mark, that 2 papers are conducted for 300 marks.
- The remaining 7 papers are conducted for 250 marks.
- Marks of 2 qualifying papers are not counted.
Mains Exam Syllabus
Paper I – One of the Indian Language to be selected by candidate
Paper II – English
Paper III – Essay
Paper IV – General Studies I (Indian Heritage/Culture, World History and Geography)
Paper V – General Studies II (Polity, governance, constitution and social justice)
Paper VI – General Studies III (Biodiversity, Technology, Economic Development, Environment, Security, Disaster management, and international relations)
Paper VII – General Studies IV (Aptitude, Ethics and Integrity)
Paper VIII Optional Paper – can select from list of subjects
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
Paper IX Optional – Candidate should select any literature subject
So, this is all about UPSC IPS exam pattern. If you like this post, please share on your social media accounts. Stay tunes with our site for regular updates. Thank you for visiting our site team @ www.rrbvacancies.com
Few Important Links for UPSC IPS Exam 2019-2020